Everyone who has put on weight, for whatever reason, has the desire to do so and get slim. There are many reasons why people gain weight, but once your body starts having problems, it can also cause mental or physical health problems. In the long run, carrying too much body weight can lead to a variety of health problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and others.

Remember, you cannot stop everything that causes weight gain. This way, you will never achieve your objective. You have to be strategic and logical to take care of your eating desires as well as your slow reduction in weight. It will work, and until 2024, you will be a different person.

This post is really for people who are serious about losing weight and have no compromise while following the suggested steps. This post will provide you with simple steps that will not jeopardise your taste or diet.

Spice lovers, they have options to eat healthily actually. They can have vegetable recipes, making it spicy a bit, using lemon, green chilli, and garlic. 

There are people who are foodies like me but do not want to compromise on food but also want to reduce their weight. According to my personal experience, I weighed around 50 kg three years ago. I gained weight and weighed 68 kg as a result of various factors. It was the first time in my life that I realised I had a serious health problem; I was also at the point where my heartbeat began to increase, and I eventually had to stop eating my favourite morning omelette.

What I did was completely for my health so that I could feel good I had no idea whether I was going to lose weight or not, but due to the bad feeling of having a raised heartbeat, I had to go for some of the easier food items. but after 6 to 7 months, my weight reduced drastically, and even I had to then eat more foods that could help me gain weight again.

I am sharing this personal experience with you, which will definitely work but will not work overnight. It will eventually take 6 to 7 months for your body to completely change, and you will have a good look at yourself with healthy organs that will never work against you, sure, but you will feel healthy enough.

1. Limit your intake of sugary foods rather than eliminate them entirely.

I'm not suggesting that you stop eating sugary products like chocolate, but what I did was have cups of tea where I usually had the sugar. I occasionally used to eat chocolate, which is my favourite part, but in very small quantities. I completely stopped eating sweets, cakes, and other sugary products.

So you must not be conscious of having a zero sugar intake, but you cannot tell yourself not to use sugar in your coffee, tea, or even some snacks that you enjoy eating; all you need to do is avoid all sweets and bakery items. However, you are not permitted to eat it all in one day and have half of the sweet cake; you are permitted to taste the sweet whenever you want but in very small quantities.

2. Stop eating red meat and eat white meat

I'm not going to discuss the negative comments about red meat. But all I'll say is that switching to chicken and fish will not only help you lose weight. but it will make your heart healthy and give you the better life you are looking for. Your body is not just losing weight at a slower rate but it is becoming healthier as well. You may be thinking that if I eat chicken and fish, my weight will increase rather than decrease.

I used to eat the chicken stock while making it at home, adding only black pepper to go with this small amount of chicken. This is the way to add weight to your diet, and it will be full of healthy nutrients. I used to have chicken with different vegetables, including onion, capsicum, tomato, chilli garlic sauce, ginger garlic paste, and others.

You must understand that you will lose weight at a slower rate because you are becoming healthier and not causing yourself to break down; you did not have a dietitian with you the entire time I was sitting you to give you the protein shake and everything else, so you must lose weight while maintaining control of your diet and not cutting back on it.

So you can see how important it is to include vegetables in your diet, but if you add some chicken or white meat, or if you like fish, to those vegetables, you will be more likely to eat them. Instead of eating unhealthy foods like grilled chicken pizza and other fried foods, it is critical to switch to a healthy diet that will have a low impact on your body and allow you to maintain your weight while reducing it.

3. Say no to carbonated drinks and eating food outside

Still, I don't drink any carbonated beverages, despite the fact that they were a favourite of mine and that I used to consume them, which had a particularly negative impact on my stomach. If you completely eliminate carbonated drinks from your diet, your body will benefit because it will no longer be exposed to impurities; rather, it will shift towards a better routine, and it will gradually move towards better body maintenance by losing weight.

You have to stop eating foods like pizza, burgers, and others like this. Instead, you can have noodles at home, a simple sandwich without mayo, cheese, or any cream. You can eat some French fries occasionally. As i said, you need to control your diet and not fully stop eating everything. Just stop eating the things you can compromise on. It will keep you going. I love potatoes, so i could not leave that, so i continued, but at home.

4. Have an outdoor activity

Personally, I do not engage in as much physical activity, but I used to go shopping with my family every day. It is not primarily based on spending a lot of money, but simply going out for two to three kilometres where you have your small or large market and looking around, staying there for a while, and have something for you to eat or wear, and then returning will give your body the boost it needs to have a better outdoor activity where you feel good and have some physical activity. I did not have any meditation or physical exercise at home.

Other suggestions

  • Don't use Banaspati at all in your diet. Have cooking oil with less quantity than before. Again, you do not need to cut the oil but reduce it. 
  • If you are using any pills that cause weight gain then you need the proper plan from a dietician. But, never use weight loss pills ever, it is not good for health.
  • If you're serious about losing weight, I have one more suggestion: incorporate green tea into your diet. It will consist of drinking green tea with half a teaspoon of honey once a day. When you add honey to warm water, it actually helps reduce the body's weight. 

Begin making small changes to your diet today and wait until next year to thank yourself for making such an effort all year.